Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Copper Creek Gets a Menu Makeover

The wife and I visited Copper Creek last night and were pleasantly surprised to see a menu makeover. Many of the dishes are still the same, but you’ll find some new offerings as well. The most notables: more steak and fish options. It looked like they were offering a few new sides as well.

My wife ordered a salmon salad that’s no longer on the menu but was one of her favorite. Our waiter said they can still make anything on the old menu. As always, the salmon was cooked well and she enjoyed the salad.

I ordered one of their new steaks: an $18 sirloin. Now, one could argue that’s a little steep for a sirloin steak. You can get a pretty decent one around town for around $10-$12 with sides, etc. However, this one was worth a few extra bucks if you happen to have it sitting around. The season was extremely flavorful…maybe a little too much.

I was most impressed with the fact that I ordered it medium…and it was actually medium! I don’t order steaks that often. However, they always seem to be well done no matter what. This sucker was cooked beautifully. Very tasty!

I’d suggest checking out the new menu when you get a chance. The service is always great! Copper Creek may easily be Abilene’s best restaurant. I’m going to have to visit The Turtle in Brownwood again (I went for lunch) to see if Cooper Creek is also the Big Country’s best.

No comments:

Post a Comment