Saturday, July 11, 2009

All Aboard the Perini Burger Bandwagon

I'm a bandwagon kind of guy. The Dallas Mavericks start to win games...I become a fan again. Everyone starts to talk about a movie...I go see it. Michael Jackson dies...I listen to Jackson music all day. Perini's Ranch wins a burger battle on "The Today Show"...I want to eat the winning burger. In fact, I might be driving the bandwagon.

With family in town for the weekend, the wife and I traveled to Buffalo Gap to enjoy the winning recipe. My wife has had it before and enjoyed it. My brother ate it when he came through town and said it was overcooked and decent. Enough of everyone else's opinion. I needed to try it out for myself.

Because of a business boom related to the NBC appearance, it took about an hour to get our food. No problem. It turned out to be worth it! The burger was beautifully season and cooked to perfection. I loved the sourdough bun. The fixins' were great -- although I wasn't a big fan of the green chiles. It was definitely one of the best burger's I've had.

On top of the great food and atmosphere, a visit to Perini's doesn't have to be expensive. The three of us ate for less than $30.

I'd recommend everyone to head down the Gap and try the burger for yourself (although many of you probably already have!)...just learn from me and wait until the bandwagon moves out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment