Monday, October 4, 2010

That's Jacked Up!

We received this email from a KRBC viewer named Trish and I thought I'd share. I changed a few parts to make it a little shorter and easier to follow:

I contacted the Jack-n-the-Box manager about 3 months ago and informed him that his price on the drive thru sign ($2.49) didn't match what the register was charging ($2.59) for their Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges.
I visited the restaurant a couple more times that week and spoke with 2 other people that said they were the managers. All three time I refused to pay the higher price and twice they gave me the lower price but the 3rd time they wouldn't honor what the sign said so I left and didn't purchase anything.

I finally sent a letter to the corporate office and received a letter apologizing for the problem and they would notify the store. I went out there again a month ago and the problem was the same.

I again notified the corporate office and as of today I have not heard from them. On Friday evening I was out there again and the problem still has not been fixed.I know 10 cents is a minor problem but I am wondering how many other items they have prices displayed yet are charging a higher price. This is false advertising and with the economy like it is, is this Jack-in-the-Box's way of making people feel they are not paying high prices for food.

So what do you think? Would you keep going back? Would you care if an item was a dime off? Is it customer manipulation or an honest mistake?

1 comment:

  1. its a dime. I would let it go that or have a healthy snack several times a week instead.

    ReplyDelete