Monday, June 21, 2010

Mary's Paleteria

Mary's Paleteria. I am ashamed to say that, after passing it for more than two year, I popped into Mary's for the first time the other day. I'll admit, it's hard to go wrong with ice cream when it's scorching outside, no matter who makes it. Still, Mary's seemed to have an edge over store-bought ice cream and even the ice cream truck with its child-like, tinkling chimes (Sorry, Ice Cream Lady. Please still come around!).

I ordered a double scoop ice cream waffle cup--one scoop of raspberry, one scoop of pistachio. It was delicious! I honestly don't know if the ice cream itself was what made the experience so enjoyable or if it was the atmosphere. I did rather enjoy the festive wall art and the fact that I was demographically the minority.

The ice cream isn't all that's offered at Mary's. My husband ordered fruit and cream. It was a bowl of just that--fruit and cream. He thoroughly enjoyed his too.

Whatever the weightiest draw, Mary's has an evident appeal that will give you that mom-and-pop charm and inevitably cool you off on a hot, Summer day.
Reviewed by Megan Dobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment