Monday, May 24, 2010

In-N-Out Coming to Texas...Yeee Ha!

You've seen it on TMZ...now you can experience it firsthand (if you're willing to drive a few hours!).

In-N-Out is coming to Texas..Garland, Texas, specifically.

According to the city of Garland website, the planning commission approved for the first In-N-Out location in Texas east of Lavon Drive and south of Town Center Boulevard.

Last month, In-N-Out's VP of Planning and Development for In-N-Out, told a D Magazine blog, "We are, in fact, working on a few site opportunities in the market," he wrote. "However, it is still very early in the process so it would be premature to comment on any specific sites and very premature to speculate as to if/when we might actually be doing business in the Dallas area."

In-N-Out currently has locations in California, Arizona and Nevada.

It's best known as a celebrity fast-food hotspot...when celebrities actually eat burgers, that is.

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try In-N-Out.

    Speaking of fast food, Abilene needs a Steak and Shake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - In and Out is overrated.
    2 - Steak and Shake opened up near my old place in Grand Prairie and closed within a couple years. It was never busy, and it was right off I-20. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite frankly, after checking out In-N-Out's website and relying on what I've heard about it over the years, I'd rather see a Steak 'n Shake open in Abilene. Now THAT would be a good thing! The first Steak 'n Shake opened not far from my home in Las Colinas and my husband and I loved it. Those steakburgers are truly made with good beef and everything else they serve is great. Wonderful chili with spaghetti and cheese. Wonderful fries. Wonderful shakes.

    In-N-Out seems to be a fad that Californians like but Texans would appreciate Steak 'n Shake far more. In-N-Out's beef chuck vs. Steak 'n Shake's round, sirloin and T-bones. I'll choose Steak 'n Shake. Great cheeseburger, crispy fries and fantastic chocolate milkshake!! I miss that so much because over 4 years ago, I moved to Ballinger from Las Colinas. I used to be able to eat at Steak 'n Shake whenever I wanted to but now, it would take a 4+ hour drive. I'd love to see them open up a restaurant in Abilene and believe me, Abilenians would LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete