Monday, February 9, 2009

Sharon's BBQ

Sharon's BBQ, I've found out is pretty well known in the Abilene area. Michelle Dapper and I had a few minutes while we were on our way to a live shot at the expo center on friday night and we were STARVING so we made a pit stop at Sharon's. It was my first time but Michelle had been before. We decided to get two different things and spit them both. Michelle got the chopped brisket and I got the sliced sausage sandwich and a variety of sides between the two of us. The BBQ was great! Some of the sides were really to die for as well. They have a corn side... it's creamy with corn and jalapeno chunks and who knows what else but the flavor was great. Also their potato salad was interesting - different but top notch as well.

From what I understand, Sharon's serves fantastic bread. We were a tad in a rush so somehow this little detail was overlooked but the bread comes so highly recommended that I'll have to make a return trip.

Overall, great BBQ joint. I'm not the biggest fan of BBQ normally but this place surpassed my expectations. Check it out if you're not already a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Sharron's restaurants and catering are always great. The food is fresh and cooked well and the price is competitive. After our home flooded we ate at Lytle Land once and twice a week because family and friends could eat what they wanted because of the large
    variety on the menu.

    ReplyDelete