Wednesday, February 11, 2009

JOE'S Pizza, Pasta and Subs!




Joe's is a great little italian place behind the mall off of Buffalo Gap. They serve fast italian but great stuff in the genres of pizza, pasta and subs. I'm a long-time fan of the Joe's movement. They have tons of these located all across the Dallas-Fort-Worth area where I'm from and I was pleased to find out there was one here in Abilene. It was the first place I dined at when I moved to town and I'd consider myself a regular these days.

Katherine Lane and I paid the little place a visit last night. We both got the house salad (you have to get it with the house dressing) which is my favorite salad in town and it comes with this garlic bread that makes a great compliment while you wait on your food. Everything is made fresh and it has a very New York feel and flavor to it. Last night I ordered the meatball sub and Katherine ordered the baked ziti... both were absolutely scrumptious! It was too much food for us girls but it was hard to stop because it was so good! We recovered from our full stomachs with newsroom coffee a slow night at the station.



My recommendation... GO! It's great, affordable and has the best house salad in town!


2 comments:

  1. I've never been...but I'm gonna try it now! Yummy!!! Thanks gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the chicken parmigiana sub... next I think I'll try the pizza. Danielle is right, the place is worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete