Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Los Arcos

Tonight was my first experience at Los Arcos, a very small little mexican restaurant on the north side. It's all the rave around the station so I was encouraged to check it out. Our director Russel and reporter Megan Dobbs joined me for the experience. Russel is a long time fan of the joint but for Meg and I it was our maiden voyage into what turned out to be a very tasty evening. Our meal started with chips and salsa. Salsa is a tricky thing for everyone - I'm not going to say it was fantastic because I believe that is strictly left in the eye of the beholder. However, to my taste buds it was delightful. Not a chunky salsa, spicy (but not too spicy) and had a great tomato/cilantro mix...overall a pleasing product for me. Another plus on the salsa - everyone got their own bowl so it was germ friendly and you could double dip to your heart's desire.

I ordered a combination platter with a chile relleno, a chicken enchilada and a taco, served with rice and beans. The whole thing was only six bucks and I couldn't finish it all. The relleno was great - seemed to me it was made fresh- very tasty. The chicken enchilada, however, was fantastic! The red enchilada sauce was a flavor I've never had before but it was great and combined perfectly with the flavor of the chicken - which was also great.

Overall, my review is... affordable... fresh... delish... and they serve beer which is always a plus. I'm going back for sure.

Check it out - it's off of ambler on the north side.

No comments:

Post a Comment