Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tru Blue Catering Opens "Bonterra Blu" in Clyde


Mushroom ravioli with marscapone creme and duck confit.

Angus beef tenderloin with fig demi and stilton bleu cheese.

[I could go on, but I haven't had lunch yet and my stomach is begging me to stop.]

Chefs Joel Trueblood (left) and Steve Howard have opened a new restaurant on South 1st Street in Clyde called Bonterra Blu, serving "West Texas nouvelle cuisine."

Now, I haven't eaten there, but I can give you the top three reasons why I KNOW it's to die for.

3. I'm a sucker for ambiance. You can serve the best food in the world, but if you're serving it on a paper plate at a rickety table with a cheap-o sign hanging above the door, you can't sell me on it [read more about my fear of hole-in-the-wall restaurants here]. But check out this decor!
2. The menu changes from night to night or weekend to weekend, which I find terribly exciting.

1. I've had Chef Trueblood's food before through True Blu catering at various events in Abilene and it's not only unique, but very true to Texas and leaves you wanting more.

Bonterra Blu is open for dinner on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5 - 9 p.m. You may want to call and make reservations first, though, because Chef Joel today told me he's booked for several holiday parties.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment